Applicant Tracking System Privacy Notice – Taleo
LAST REVISED: 5th May 2020
(Applicable as from 25 May 2018)
1. Privacy Notice
Your privacy is important to us. We want you to be informed and familiar with how we collect, use and disclose data (“processing”) directly or indirectly relating to you as an individual ("personal data").
This Privacy Notice (hereafter referred to as "Privacy Notice") describes how Syngenta Crop Protection AG, Switzerland (“Data Controller”), (hereafter referred to as "we", "our" and "us") processes your personal data collected in relation to the Applicant Tracking System accessed through https://www.syngenta.com/careers/job-search
The Privacy Notice describes the types of personal data we collect from you when making use of our Applicant Tracking System and how we process your personal data, which parties we share your personal data with (and where they are located), the duration for purpose of retention and your choices regarding our use of your personal data. We also describe how you can contact us about our privacy practices. We thank you for reading this Privacy Notice carefully.
After you have read the Privacy Notice below, please indicate your acceptance of the terms by clicking "I Agree" at the bottom of this page. You will have access to provide information on your experiences and preferences for the position you have selected, and/or complete a candidate profile. If you decide that you are not ready to submit your personal information to Syngenta, click "I Decline". In this case Syngenta will keep the data no longer and your data will be deleted.
If for any reason you have concerns or enquiries about how Syngenta Crop Protection AG processes your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. Collecting your personal data
Your personal data, which we commit to collect in a way that it is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in accordance with the law; will be collected by as follows:
• When you apply for a position with Syngenta by using the Application Tracking System, we require some information about you. This includes:
- Personal data such as your physical address, telephone number, date of birth and other identification data;
- Details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- Information about your current level of remuneration;
- Whether or not you have a disability for which the organization needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process.
• When applying for a position with Syngenta via LinkedIn, we collect your LinkedIn credentials in order to automatically gather your public profile data to build your profile as a candidate in the system. Those credentials are at no point stored in our system. If you have registered through LinkedIn with the same email address as the one in our Applicant Tracking System, then a Syngenta recruiter will be able to open directly your LinkedIn profile via our Applicant Tracking System and access your public profile information.
The collection and processing of your personal data via cookies and similar technologies are governed by the Cookies policy that you should read carefully.
3. Using your personal data
We process personal data about applicants for the following purposes:
• Recruiting and hiring: We collect personal data through the application process to enable us to conduct a fair recruitment process. If you are successful and we make you an offer of employment, with your further consent we will require further personal data such as employment references, criminal background checks and medical checks, where applicable, in compliance with local legal requirements.
• In principle, we do not process sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious, political or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or ethnicity in accordance to local legislation. We only process sensitive personal data in specific limited circumstances, for example: if you request adjustments for the interview process due to mobility requirements; or when we have a legitimate interest or legal obligation like for the prevention and investigation of fraud or other criminal activity; or otherwise required by law enforcement.
• Manage the Applicant Tracking System’s troubleshooting: We collect your IP address to assist in diagnosing server issues and solve any misconfigurations of the Applicant Tracking System and keep the data secure.
• Respond to your inquiries: To respond to your inquiries, complaints, questions and suggestions regarding our products and vacancies, which you send us via the Applicant Tracking System’s contact form. The processing of your personal data for this purpose is based on our legitimate interests to handle, adequately and in a timely manner, customers' inquiries, complaints, questions and suggestions regarding the promotion or other similar activity, and to ensure that our legal obligations in relation to the organization of promotions and similar activities are fulfilled.
• Develop talent pipelines: We will collect application, vacancy & contact details from TALEO our Applicant Tracking System establishing talent pipelines thus improving recruitment operations via a secure and dedicated CRM application and supporting process.
4. Disclosing your personal data
We transfer your personal data internally to Recruitment teams, Human Resources teams, and Hiring Managers; and where necessary to legal entities that are part of the Syngenta group. For a detailed list of legal entities, please click here.
In the context of a merger or acquisition, your personal data may be also be transferred to an organization, which has acquired the stock or assets of Syngenta, one of its affiliates, or one of our businesses. In this case, you will be duly informed about the impact that these organizational changes may have on the manner we process your personal data and the content of this Privacy Notice.
We also work with third parties to assist for a number of services to whom your personal data may be disclosed, e.g.:
• Service providers who assist us in the design, maintenance of our internet-based tools and applications, as well as these providers that assist in preparing of reporting and statistics, printing materials and design of our products.
• Talent management providers who assist us in the context of online recruitment.
• Recruitment Process Outsourcing partners who manage the end to end recruitment process for Syngenta.
• LinkedIn, through an integration with our Applicant Tracking System (TALEO), enables us to match candidates we are considering in LinkedIn Recruiter, with existing candidates in our Applicant Tracking System (TALEO), enabling a more effective management of candidate pipeline. Where a match is not confirmed, LinkedIn will delete any shared personal data. Examples of candidate application data shared in this context include: first and last name of applicant, candidate email address, TALEO job posting name and timestamp, application source etc.
When working with third parties outside of the country of residence, we take appropriate measures to ensure that personal data will be adequately protected in the recipient country. This is particularly the case where personal data are transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), where the level of personal data protection is not the same as in the EEA. In these cases, we take action (e.g., standard contractual clauses) to ensure that your personal data will be processed with the same degree of care as in country of your residence. In connection with the LinkedIn integration, your personal data will be transferred to the United States and Singapore. In order to ensure the adequate protection of your personal data, we have concluded so-called Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission with LinkedIn. In addition, LinkedIn Corporation and its US affiliates are certified under the EU-US as well as the Switzerland-US Privacy Shield. Please contact us if you would like to request more information.
5. Exercising your rights
We strive to maintain a high level of transparency about the data we process. As regards our processing of your personal data described in this Privacy Notice, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
• To confirm Syngenta is processing your personal data, to get access to or receive a copy of the personal data we may have about you;
• To require us to rectify or update any inaccurate personal data, or complete any incomplete personal date;
• To require us to delete or erase your personal data;
• To restrict our processing of your personal data;
• To require us to transmit certain of your personal data to you or to transfer or have them transferred to another data controller (portability); and
• To require that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes (object). We will then, in principle, no longer be allowed to process your data, unless there is a legitimate interest to do so, for example, a legal claim or other legal obligation we may have to fulfil.
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights, you can contact us at no cost by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respond to your request as quickly as possible after validating the request.
We will promptly modify your personal data if we agree that it is either inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, after taking into account the purposes for which it was collected. If we correct it and had previously disclosed it to a third party, we will also notify that third party if required to by law.
If we disagree with your request to correct your personal data, we will explain the reason for refusal and the ways you can complain.
6. Storing your personal data
We intend to keep your personal data accurate and up to date. We do not wish to store your data for longer than is necessary for the relevant purposes in relation to the use of our Applicant Tracking System. The personal data you submit will be held in accordance with this Privacy Notice for a period of 6 months from the date of your last activity on the Applicant Tracking System (your job application), unless otherwise specified by local data privacy laws, after which it will be deleted. We also need to consider other reasons and therefore we might need to keep personal data for longer than necessary; e.g. when you consent to be informed on future employment opportunities. However, in this case you are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
Should you wish to obtain more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and on your right of erasure from the Applicant Tracking System please contact us through DLGlobalTaleoSupport@Syngenta.com.
7. Questions, concerns and complaints
Should you have any question or concern on how Syngenta utilizes your personal data, you can contact the Data Privacy Officer or Champion (DPO/DPC) at the following address: email@example.com.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority (in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement).
8. Updates to this Privacy Notice
You can find out when this Privacy Notice was last amended by checking "LAST REVISED" at the top of this page.
All contemplated changes to this Privacy Notice will be communicated to you well in advance of the changes actually taking effect.
You may print, download or otherwise retain a copy of this Privacy Notice (and of any revised version) for your records.